So many strange news items have come up recently that it is impossible to sift through all of them. But they are all at least tangentially related to the overarching battle between the Trump Administration and the Deep State. One that caught my eye this morning is a report from NPR with the salacious title, “Behind Fox News’ Baseless Seth Rich Story: The Untold Tale.”
It states that former Washington D.C. Detective Rod Wheeler, who was hired at one point by the family of slain Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich to investigate his murder, is suing his former employers at Fox News. Here is an excerpt:
The Fox News Channel and a wealthy supporter of President Trump worked in concert under the watchful eye of the White House to concoct a story about the death of a young Democratic National Committee aide, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday.
The explosive claim is part of a lawsuit filed against Fox News by Rod Wheeler, a longtime paid commentator for the news network. The suit was obtained exclusively by NPR.
Wheeler alleges Fox News and the Trump supporter intended to deflect public attention from growing concern about the administration’s ties to the Russian government. His suit charges that a Fox News reporter created quotations out of thin air and attributed them to him to propel her story.
Please note: the bolding and italicizing above was done by me. More on why I highlighted this later.
None of this makes any sense on the surface. Here is what we know of Rod Wheeler:
These are the most recent tweets written by Wheeler:
Follow the arrest of Awan closely. Connect the dots to "other" cases. (hint, hint) Just the beginning. Stay tuned.
— rod wheeler (@rodwheeler) July 26, 2017
— rod wheeler (@rodwheeler) July 26, 2017
Now here is an interview granted by Wheeler to George Webb, a citizen investigator of the Seth Rich and Awan brothers story. Watch it all the way through. [Side note: Webb was recently misrepresented as a right-wing conspiracy theorist in a NY Times hatchet job article fraught with lazy reporting. Webb was a Bernie Sanders voter.]
Does this sound like a man who believes the Seth Rich investigation is fake news as is being spun by NPR?
So here’s what I think is really going on here:
This is part of what I believe is a continuing baiting strategy employed by Trump’s people. They are trying to lure the treasonous mainstream media to cover explosive topics so that awareness is raised amongst the segment of the population that still relies on legacy media for their news.
Outlets like NPR, MSNBC, CNN, the Washington Post, and the New York Times have been heretofore silent on the Clinton Foundation, Seth Rich, and Awan Brothers stories; as in complete radio silence of anything that could remotely help the president or damage the narrative of the Deep State that owns these newspapers and television channels. They commit both the sins of commission and omission, pushing any “gotcha” article against Trump that crosses the wire, based on either anonymous or totally fabricated sources, while also ignoring real journalism backed by evidence.
Put yourself in Wheeler’s shoes for a moment.
- You’ve spent the better part of a year working on an explosive subject that has been routinely spiked by the mainstream press because it could bring the Democratic Party to its knees. (Even Fox News silenced Sean Hannity when he was getting ready to broach the Rich issue. Media Matters, run by Deep State minion David Brock, targeted Hannity’s advertisers.)
- You found lots of circumstantial evidence that shows the Metropolitan Police is covering up aspects of the murder.
- You were told by the Rich family – under threat of lawsuit – to shut down your investigation after Democratic Party honcho Brad Bauman volunteered his services to the family.
- So you are now sitting on information that can’t be disseminated to the broader public because of a media blackout and probable Deep State coverup. If I were a professional investigator, this would drive me crazy.
- You also know that Donald Trump is fighting the same battle against the same enemies as yourself.
- You go to the Administration and offer what you have so that the investigation can continue, even if you are barred by the threat of legal action from doing it yourself.
- A plan is concocted to draw attention to the case.
- A story is leaked (see above excerpt now) to the anti-Trump press which promises to the reporter an embarrassment of the Administration.
- The Rich story now gains airtime by all the outlets arrayed against Trump.
My best guess of what happens next:
- Trump’s people will put out another leak, this time proffering the real evidence that Wheeler has been holding but unable to reveal.
- He will draw in the press close once again, stage a big moment, where the entirety of the press is present on live TV, taking the body blows while eventually delivering the fatal uppercut.
- The Wheeler lawsuit against Fox will be subsequently dropped.
Call it Sun Tzu or rope-a-dope. But this is part of a bigger plan.